GO!

What breed has the softest coat?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 49)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 2:34pm PST 
Augusta, soooo true! My chinchilla is quite possibly the softest creature in the world. He thinks he's a dog too, so does he count?
[notify]

Barked: Thu Feb 20, '14 7:48pm PST 
I have an Aussie border collie and literally every person that comes in contact with him says "That's the softest dog I ever felt"! Too funny!
[notify]
Caledonia

Sad-Eyed Doggie- of the Lowlands

Barked: Thu Feb 20, '14 8:06pm PST 
Well my boy has peach fuzz fur but he's butter soft. I might say border collie?
[notify]

Roxie

What are you- looking at?

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '14 8:43am PST 
Newfoundlands definitely, when I touch Roxie's fur, it's like deep, lush velvet and i want to just hug and hold her all night, but she'll throw a fit b/c she'll get restless lol smile

Edited by author Sun Mar 2, '14 8:44am PST

[notify]
Roxie

What are you- looking at?

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '14 8:43am PST 
Newfoundlands definitely, when I touch Roxie's fur, it's like deep, lush velvet and i want to just hug and hold her all night, but she'll throw a fit b/c she'll get restless lol
[notify]
Vladimir

Lady Killer

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 8:59am PST 
Having worked at grooming shop, I got to see a lot of coats. But, the softest coat I ever felt was an afghan hound.
[notify]
Sachi- (1997-2012)

Dirt is a girls- best friend!

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '14 1:55pm PST 
I haven't read all of the posts because there are so many. O_O I agree that Coton De Tulear have a soft coat that is also a dry soft. Can't remember who said that but I liked how they described it in this thread. Anyway, they are soft, especially when their fur is clean. lol But they aren't the softest. smile I know because I have compared my Coton to my sister's pekingese/poodle mix and he is softer. shock I don't know if that means that a purebred pekingese would have softer fur or not... What is funny is that he looks soooo much like my Coton that people often mix them up if they aren't paying close attention.
[notify]
Coda

Barked: Sun Mar 30, '14 10:03am PST 
Coda breed wink Seriously, though, I've never touched softer fur! It's so cuddly! I just wish I knew what breeds he was for sure! lol
http://www.photorepublik.com/citizen/1232/galleries/my-photos/d own-stay

Edited by author Sun Mar 30, '14 10:03am PST

[notify]
Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Sun Mar 30, '14 1:20pm PST 
A lot of people that meet and pet Mozart say that he has the softest and fluffy coat. He is a Bichon Frise/toy poodle mix. He is on good food Acana and I use special aloe shampoo and shea butter conditioner but even if he hasn't had a bath his coat is still very soft as long as he is combed regularly. He reminds me of a teddy bear hard to believe he has a nice coat and he is from a byb or puppy mill
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 49)  
1  2  3  4  5