GO!

What breed has the softest coat?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 5:53pm PST 
What breed in your opinion has the softest coat?

Obviously there are alot of variables...what does one consider soft, what shampoo is used on the dog, how often is it brushed, etc

But in your opinion, what dog would you consider to have the softest coat?

Just curious because my two dogs have two completely different coats. After petting Sanka for 10 years, I realized that his coat is really kind of wire-like. Kato is soooo much softer than Sanka. I haven't pet many purebreds...so it's hard for me to even say.
[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 6:21pm PST 
I only ever got to pet one once, but there's a reason it's right in the name-- Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier.

Seriously, it's like... I want a teddy bear of one.
Bailey- Fluffernut

Don't Panic. And- eat a towel.

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 6:26pm PST 
Bailey, who's a Pomeranian, is incredibly soft and nice to cuddle and pet. A soft coat was one of my criteria when I chose the breed I wanted.

Oddly, he also smells like chocolate chip cookies to me. Seriously. I don't know why. Maybe it's psycho-somatic.
[notify]

Cody

Not as tough as- I look

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 6:37pm PST 
Cody is a mixed breed dog, but he has one of those short, velvety coats. It's not fluffy, but it is soft. I'm not sure what breed he gets that from.

Bianca has a very similar coat to Cody, but Cody's fur is softer.

Zack's coat is definitely not soft - he has one of those short, dense waterproof oily coats. Except for the back of his ears, which feel like the downy fluff on baby chicks.
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 6:56pm PST 
a friend of mine has an american eskimo puppy and his coat feels like the down in a feather pillow, he is amazingly soft.
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 7:05pm PST 
Addy is a Chinese Crested Powderpuff, and her hair is very soft. Every time someone new touches her, it's the first thing they comment on--how soft her coat is.
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 7:39pm PST 
I agree with Bailey, Poms are super soft and silky! I also cuddled with a Havanese once that has a beautifully soft coat smile.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 8:18pm PST 
The Sibes who used to train at a club i attended way back when Missy was a pup had the most gorgeous, soft coats, really plush. My hand literally sank into them, i was pretty smitten laugh out loud

A couple of long coated GSD's had really soft, fluffy like coats, although not as plush as the Sibes.
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 8:43pm PST 
Great Pyrs look soft & fluffy but their outer coat is (or should be) coarse...It protects them from the elements.smile
[notify]
Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 10:21pm PST 
Roxy is soft! I guess Bella is to. laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5