GO!

All white boxador?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cocoa

I can jump on- that!

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '07 6:31pm PST 
Does anyone out there have or know of someone who has an all white boxador (boxer lab mix). Our new dog, Woogie, was described by his previous owner as being a boxer lab mix but he is completely white except for two small brown spots on his ears. I'm pretty familiar with boxadors but have never seen one this white before. I've seen purebreds like him but not a lab boxer mix. My vet also said she had never seen a boxador that was all white either and wondered if he may be purebred.
It doesn't really matter, I love him all the same, but I'm beginning to wonder if he's purebred myself or if anyone has any all white boxadors out there.
Thanks
[notify]
Mayda

Crazy Mayda!

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '07 7:03pm PST 
I never heard of Boxador's ever.
shrug
[notify]
ANGEL Jill

Ball, ball...did- anyone see my- ball????

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '07 7:13pm PST 
A Boxador can't be "purebred" because it isn't a true breed. As a cross between a boxer and laborador it is not a recognized breed. If yours if all white be sure and have the hearing checked as most all white Boxers are deaf.
Sue and Jill
[notify]

Sachi- (1997-2012)

Dirt is a girls- best friend!

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '07 8:08pm PST 
Cocoa's owner wasn't saying that Boxadors are purebred. They were saying that they think the dog might be a purebred instead of a Boxador.
[notify]
Dino

I can eat a- footlong sub in- 4.2 seconds

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '07 8:14pm PST 
Jill, I think what Cocoa meant by purebred is purebred Boxer, They seem to have an understanding that a boxador is not purebred (if you read the posting, possibly in a different way, it is stated though).

Also, although not purebred either...We had a foster dog boxer/bullmastiff that was black, tan and white but at least one of his littermates was pure white. shrug
[notify]
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '07 8:24pm PST 
Hmmm... If I am remembering how the white Boxer's color genetics are inherited correctly, it should not be possible to have a white dog that is 1/2 Boxer and 1/2 Labrador Retriever because the white you see in Boxers is a recessive gene, and I do not think that Labradors carry that gene. I could be wrong, though...
[notify]
Ra

Anything that- squeaks must- DIE!

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '07 9:39pm PST 
If it's a primary white mix you may want to get it's eyes and ears checked.

And Jill, I don't think Cocao meant a pure bred mutt, I think she meant she thinks the dog may be a pure bred boxer.

This sounds like another newly discovered "designer" breed. Boxadore, honestly, at least pure breds that were improved though mixing have been deemed their own unique name in affiliation with what they are improved to DO. This whole "Labradoodle" and "Puggle" crap has got to go, in my opinion.
[notify]
Cocoa

I can jump on- that!

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '07 9:41pm PST 
Thanks guys for your responses. Pooch, I think I remember hearing something about the white gene being recessive as well. He has had his hearing checked and all seems well there. I'm definately starting to think he might well not be a boxador at all but a purebred boxer instead.
I suppose my post might have come off as unclear. To clarify I did mean pure boxer instead of a boxer lab mix.
Thanks again.

Edited by author Thu Aug 2, '07 9:45pm PST

[notify]
Sugar Rose

Barked: Mon May 9, '11 4:03am PST 
We just brought home a whit boxador puppy, he's 8 wks old. There is a picture of him on my site. Our has an overbite, supposedly come from the lab side. Our other dog was a Bull boxer but he had to be put down due to extreme seizures that wouldn't respond to treatment. From what I've seen so far on-line there doesn't appear to be too many white boxadors out there.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon May 9, '11 4:33am PST 
The yellow labrador color gene works in the same way as the white poodle gene, so I suppose it could happen.
And, remember, many supposed mixes are just a guess at best OR, if one parent was a black dog it could have been called a labrador and was not necessarily a purebred labrador.
Thank goodness a boxer/labrador cross is not a "real" breed... why in the world anyone would want to intentionally do that mix is beyond me!!!
And, since labradors do not have overbites and boxers do, I wouldn't be blaming an overbite on the labrador side, if there really is a labrador side.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2