GO!

Aggressive dog?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 12:04pm PST 
hello everyone. I am planning on getting my first chessie pup in a few weeks and could not be happier about it. I've been researching the breed and they seem like fantastic dogs.

i have some concern over the temperament of the dogs though. I hear they can be a little aggressive. I am fine with it, and I plan on thorough training. But what are your thoughts? Should I be hesitant to bring my younger nephews around it? What about other pets?
[notify]
Buster

Family guardian

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 4:25pm PST 
Socializing him is the key.

Expose him to everything you can. Children are particularly important just make sure you start ASAP so he knows the rules before he gets to big

Mine is absolutely fantastic with my kids and others but again he isn't friendly with them more indifferent and will walk away after the initial greeting.
[notify]