GO!

Are Cavaliers "talkers"?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kina

AKA Weasel!! or- Ultimate Lap- dog!!

Barked: Mon Jun 15, '09 7:02pm PST 
At first I thought that Kina was starting to be a barker.

Then when DH was in the yard telling her not to dig, Kina was "barking" back to DH, I realized, she isn't barking, she's talking.

After paying attention to her, I realized that, she isn't a barker, she's a talker! She'll look at you and have a conversation with you.

Is she getting this from her Cavalier side? Are Cavalier talkers?
[notify]
Zoe

did anyone say- "wanna a- cookie"?

Barked: Wed Jul 1, '09 6:28am PST 
Zoe is a talker to, she does a "whoa, whoa, whoa" and wigglies as she runs towards you. She does this with Nyla bones or toys in her mouth, especially to my husband when he comes home from work. She wigglies and runs circles around him, follows him into the bedroom and "whoa, whoa, whoa" in different pitches at him as if she is telling him about her day. It is a riot.

If she is really playful you can ask her to tell you about it, do a few "whoa whoa whoas" and she starts.

It is funny, we just smile and laugh when she starts!hamster dance
[notify]
Kina

Barked: Thu Jul 2, '09 4:15pm PST 
laugh out loud that's what Kina does too. When I get home from work, if DH is in bed, she'll wait for me to get her, and as soon as we're outside, she starts with her whoa whoa whoa.

and if you answer her she'll keep on going.

And when she does something wrong and you correct her, she'll just look at you all happy and give you a whoa whoa whoa.

and when you talk to you, she'll answer with a whoa whoa who, It's just too funny!
[notify]

Zoe

Barked: Sat Jul 4, '09 3:35pm PST 
We think it is the best, if you are tired or distracted her "talking" always makes us laugh and you are smiling in no time.

Zoe, our tri is the talker, our ruby Cali is quiet unless she sees or hears something outside.

Zoe is very active and very animated, is you little one like that also?
[notify]
Kina

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '09 8:02pm PST 
OMG, Kina is such a clown!! And so eager to learn too. I have to admit though she does get a bit distracted. DH says she's scatter brain like me.

She'll be eating her food, and then go to see what DH is doing and then she'll pass by a toy and start playing with it, and then it's like a light goes off in her head like "oh yeah, I was eating." and then goes back to eating. It just goes on and on, until she's done eating.

In puppy kindergarten, she's the class clown!! She's so funny because the trainer will use her to demonstrate and she'll be "talking". It's just too funny!!

She puts a smile on everyone's face!!
[notify]
Zoe

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 5:37am PST 
Does she get distracted outside when she should be going potty? Both my girls see a butterfly and they start chasing it completely forgetting why they came out there to begin with...forget it if a bunny is in the yard.

To silly!
[notify]
Kina

Barked: Thu Jul 9, '09 1:39pm PST 
Since I’m still working on house breaking her, I’ve decided to leash her until she does something. As soon as she has relieved herself, then I take the leash off.

I’m on an acre and a half, and we have a lot of robins looking for worms on our property. Kina goes crazy trying to chase them!! And then cries when they fly away!

We also have a section of our property where we have very long grass, and little trees growing. Kina’s fun is chasing the butterflies and bugs, or just running in the long grass. Its just too funny to watch her, because she’ll go in, then just come running out, then bolt back in. It’s just too funny!

It’s just so interesting seeing what she gets from the Cavalier and what she gets from the Bichon.
[notify]
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

CGC, Therapy- Dog. My velcro- girl!

Barked: Sun Jul 26, '09 9:12am PST 
Stella "talks", too. She lets you know when she wants a treat haha, and she starts a kind of moaning/groaning sound if she thinks I'm paying too much attention to Lucy or Desi. She is sooo funny!
[notify]
Henry

I'm the baby,- gotta love me!

Barked: Thu Aug 6, '09 1:30pm PST 
Henry will mimick me. If I tell him "Speak!" he'll bark, but if I say, "tell me about it," he goes "woo wooo woooooo!" Or I can grumble at him and he grumbles back. Super cute!
[notify]
Kina

Barked: Thu Aug 6, '09 6:48pm PST 
That's too funny Henry!! Now I know where Kina get's if from.

I've actually taught Kina to "speak" doing the duck beek with my hand in a speaking motion. It's funny because she'll look at you and do a little "woof". It's just too cute.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2