GO!

Am thinking of getting a Caucasian can those who have one give me their opnion?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Charlie

Barked: Mon Sep 2, '13 2:37pm PST 
I am a young women finishing up medical school, I am petite and recently I had a very scary experience with a attempted break in while I was home, there is going to be time period where I must relocate which means again living in a town where I don't have any friends or family. I am a experienced dog owner, I have had large and small breeds since I was a child and am a active person I love to hike and camp and have always taken my dogs with me, I currently have a 2 year old rescue lab/husky mix, He s a sweet wonderful dog but I think he would probably lick the person to death, I also like to go running at night (I prefer the cooler weather) I was thinking of getting a Caucasian, I realize it is a resonabilty to properly train this dog so that it doesn't become a aggressive liability but I have a few questions: 1. If I get one from the time it is a puppy will it accept my other dog as part of its pack and get along with him? 2. Will it defend me if I was say attacked in the park? -I don't want to teach my dog to attack but I would like to know if I would need to take it to a class to install that sense to defend me 3. I don't have children but I do have many nieces and nephews (very young) how is this dog with children? Can I trust them with my nieces and nephews? My other dog for example is great with kids even very young kids. The other thing-if properly trained is this a dog I will be able to let off leash at the park and beach? as I do with my other dog. thanks!
[notify]