GO!

Hi Carolina Dog Friends!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Chloe

Barked: Mon Nov 22, '10 2:13pm PST 
Hi everyone. I just made a profile for our newest member of our family, Chloe. We rescued her and she is the most loving addition. I wanted to see if you guys could identify if she looks like a Carolina dog. We were thinking a Carolina/Border. Funny too because we live in North Carolina!! She has this strange pattern of fur around her shoulders. It the pattern flows with the curves of her shoulders. Is that a Carolina trait. What I do know is she is:
Super soft
Very affectionate
Fast runner
Whines alot when seeing other dogs or strangers
Has a loud bark but does not bark alot
About 28-30lbs
Pretty short stands at my knee. I am 5'9
Huge hunter drive
Huge chewer
VERY smart
Any of this sound like a Carolina dog? I have a bunch of pics posted on her profile. Any help is greatly appreciated. I want to give her the best life. Knowing her breed is such a great help.
Thank you!!
smile
[notify]
Sedona

Barked: Wed Nov 24, '10 4:35pm PST 
I think you're right, she's predominately border collie, and the ruff and hair patterns seem consistent with that breed; but she does have CD features and it seems quite possible that she's a mix of the two. Very sweet pup. Have a great time together!
[notify]
Redley Dingo

Redley- Dingo-Squirrel- Dog Supreme

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 10:08am PST 
I agree with the Border Collie mix with some CD thrown in there.I have a CD type dog that also whines non-stop around new dogs and people.
[notify]