GO!

New Here - wanted to introduce myself

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sabina

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '09 9:45am PST 
Hello. I'm from New York and have rescued my current dog from a local shelter about 2 yrs ago. Her name is Sabina. She is a 3 yro (will be 4 in August) Carolina Dog X German Shepherd mix. Well, I'm not sure if she's really a mix... She has a light saddle mark on her back like a German Shepherd, but other than that she looks full 'CD' to me... I know most Carolina dogs are a sandy-red color with lighter areas on their muzzles, etc.. but can they have darker shading also?

Carolina Dogs are really rare (especially in this state) so it was a huge surprise when I found this out. She is an awesome dog and it's nice to find a dog forum that actually recognizes this breed. I hope to learn more about them.

Edited by author Tue Jan 13, '09 8:31pm PST

[notify]
Sedona

Barked: Mon Feb 2, '09 4:51pm PST 
At least half the dogs I've seen identified as Carolina Dogs have dark muzzles and eyebrows. Don't know about the "saddle." Sabina's a regal dog. So glad you gave her a home!
[notify]