GO!

Bullmastiff

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

bullet

just cant get- enough

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 6:21am PST 
I have a bullmastiff he is around 10-11months of age
recently i have people coming up to me and saying he is not a pure mastiff though i love my dog for who he is not his breed and he is not growing can some one please comment on my mastiff
dont know how to post pictures
[notify]
Dozer

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 11:59am PST 
People had said the same with my bullmastiff baby but he is 14 months old now (today! party ) and he is starting to look more and more like your "typical" bullmastiff, during the teenage years its hard to tell because there wrinkles they had as a puppy go away until they're an adult it seems. I will admitt, your pup looks an aweful lot like my friends mastiff/rottweiler cross. The only way you can know for sure is to get a DNA test, only about $50 I believe and you sign up online and everything is sent to you. Worth a shot if you're really curious. You've got a great looking baby though smile
[notify]
Dozer

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 12:00pm PST 
Also, my dog went through growth spurts, stopped growing for a month, month and a half then shot up another 10-15 pounds after the age of 8 months
[notify]

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 10:55pm PST 
my bully didnt seem to really fill in till about 2 years old. Then she maintained 106-108lbs till the day she passed.
[notify]