GO!

Has anyone purchased a puppy from Aces High Bullmastiffs?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:00pm PST 
Any reviews towards this breeder are welcomed. We are planning on purchasing a puppy from them. Thanks...
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 12:45pm PST 
We are looking forward to receiving a pup from them in a few weeks as well. How has your experience been so far?
[notify]

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 3:35pm PST 
we have a great girl from aces high. not have any problems with her temperment or health at this time (she's just 7 mths old) she's awesome and a great addition to our family!
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jun 27, '13 9:04pm PST 
Got my little guy from Aces High. They shipped him from Oklahoma to Vancouver, BC. He was nervous and lonely for his family when he arrived but was only 8 wks old. Now at 3 months he is bright, responsive, sweet, doesn't jump up or use his teeth. I have 4 children the youngest is 13 and the rule is no one plays rough. No wrestling, no play biting so he isn't being set up for failure all of the time. Seems to really want to play with the cats but they are not having any of it. Our 8 yr. doodle girl has put him in his place and now they are the best of friends. I took him to the vet today and he got a clean bill of health. He walks well on the lead and generally comes when he's called. Of course anytime he does anything halfway right he gets a treat and he is very food motivated. I don't notice a stubborn streak yet he's quite anxious to please. I take him around the block twice a day and if we see other dogs I ask the owner if they can have a play. If he sees anyone or any dog on the street he wants to greet them. The breeder said this would not affect his guarding ability as he will know when the person is "wrong" and the instinct to protect takes precedence. In the meantime I take him everywhere I go, I encourage strangers adult and children to give him treats. Now he thinks everyone has a treat for him. He is told to "be soft" when he takes a treat and is wonderfully gentle. Of course his total gorgeousness doesn't hurt. I don't let him off his lead when I take him out and will continue that for some time. He is a baby and easily distracted. If anyone is considering a bull mastiff teach him to come as quickly as possible because by 3 months he is too heavy for me to carry. I don't crate him at night as he can last from 11 to 7am and we are both happiest with him in my bed. He snores but its very endearing and comforts me when I wake up to it. I can crate him for a couple of hours during the day (with a special treat) but really he is too little to leave for long. So if you have to work outside the home see if you can take your bullie with you or try to stay at home. Its really like having a baby so plan to have very little life of your own until your baby reaches about six months. Good luck a bullie is the best dog ever!!!
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 1:55pm PST 
How did feel about the breeder? We are waiting on our puppy but cannot seem to get the breeder to send any pics after he said he would. Starting to wish we went our other choice in breeders. cry
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jul 13, '13 12:41pm PST 
I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new pup from Aces High, we have also been requesting pictures to no avail and hope that it's just a busy schedule on their behalf. Have you received pictures ?
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 7:46pm PST 
Hi there! I have purchased a pup from aces high before and no issues but now I have a deposit on another and have been promised a pup since April and still waiting. I'm promised as of now a pup next week but he is acting pretty shady . Took a whole to get any pics from him and he also is claiming he can't book a flight until only 3 days prior to ship date. I'm thinking its a bunch a bull crap! . Really having my doubts. How many others are promised a pup right now? Is there 20 of us all waiting on a pup from the same litter??. Seems like a ghost litter to me. Anyone know what action we can take so that this breeder can't pull this crap anymore??? Please help
Thanks
Jenelle
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 6:54am PST 
I am also promised a pup. I have been asking for photos for weeks and just get the response that he will send me photos soon. These pups must be old enough to go to their new homes now. I am starting to worry there is a problem with the litter. I have never purchased a pup from them before. Has ANYONE gotten photos yet?
[notify]

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 11:29am PST 
We got photos finally but only after phoning and complaining quite a few times. He told me a few stories on when they were born. I don't know anymore. He has till next Friday to ship them or we are done with him. We have given him a down payment of $500 so I hope it's not for nothing. His excuse is that him and his wife are going through divorce and he's been really busy lately. He did mention to me that he could refund me the down payment, just not right now cause he doesn't have it. Don't know what to think. I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait till next Friday. Then look at options to get money back or at least make sure everyone knows what they are dealing with from him.

Edited by author Thu Jul 18, '13 11:31am PST

[notify]

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 1:18pm PST 
Is there a way to contact you privately on here? I am new to dogster ...only opened an account to reply to this post. I paid my deposit via credit card as per Jimmy's request. I am starting to think that I need to contact my credit card company to see if I can get reimbursed if I don't end up with a pup. Feeling very disappointed in this breeder. If he is really getting a divorce I feel very sorry about that ...but still the puppies must be a certain age by now and I would think he would want to get them shipped out frown I will message him again today asking for photos and an update.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3