GO!

Aggressive towards other dogs

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Henry

i just want to- be friends

Barked: Mon Oct 3, '11 1:01am PST 
up until this weekend, Henry has been very good with other dogs, little dogs allways attack him, he has been bitten 5 times by little dogs and never has he sresponded, all of a sudden he has started going for other dogs, as dogs approach, he starts whining, he tenses up and then goes for them, its pretty obvious he is nervous of whats going to happen but how do i stop this? he plays with loads of dogs in the local park and he is, well was fine, this is also making me nervous, hes a very big strong dog and would most definatley kill another, i'm so worried, he has also started peeing up peoples legs, sometimes funny, sometimes not, any advice would be most welcome
Jenny
[notify]
Lily

i am the- mistress, i- rule.

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 11:04pm PST 
I do not have an answer for you. This is pretty much how I ended up with Lily. From what I under stand the people who got rid of her did so because a dog harrassed her until she bit back.
She has been fine with the cats. She is fine with outdoor dogs, but as soon as one of those dogs come into her house, she goes after them. She tore one dog up where it had to have stitches. If we would not have gotten her off of it, who knows what would happen. Which there was alot that led up to that. I had cooked all morning, we went to my moms who was cooking, Lily had never touched her food because of all of the cooking, my sister walks in the house with her dog and Lily just went after it. I sometimes just wonder if she sensed my dislike towards the dog (mean loud dog, bit me twice, tried more) and that is why she went after it.
When she sees dogs, usually smaller ones, she starts whimpering and kinda stepping in place. She is afraid of bigger dogs.
It does kind of worry me when we go out, especially when people do not have their dogs on a leash, or when they drop the leash... --Sometimes I think people WANT her to eat their dogs.
Someone told me that they become like this the older that they get. However, I cannot find anywhere where that is true.
[notify]
Oscar

His my Oscar- doodles big ole- pup

Barked: Fri Nov 4, '11 3:11am PST 
Hi its good 2 chat wiv other mastiff owners because u know ur not on ur own! My 3rd old Oscar has also had those little dogs around him and the owners never do any thing now if Oscar did ever attack back Ooo i wudnt like 2 fink! We r lucky because ever since he was bout a mth we go training and becum good friends wiv her so we do park walks 2gether so I'm lreaning how 2 deal wiv any situations everyday is so different wiv my Oscar i feel calm wiv him wearing a muzzle on walks only because I'm not Avin my dog serious hurting another...people wud just love that a big nasty breed attacking a nice dog!! Some people fink that way but u know what I love him no matter what people fink of him ;0)
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 3:07pm PST 
Hello,

I am in the process of adopting a new bullmastiff. I have been researching quite a bit about bullmastiffs and what it will take to care for one. Something I just learned today is dominance aggression. If you look this topic up on Google or your preferred search engine you should find tons of info on why and how to coop with it. The couple links I found didn't have solutions to eliminate but to help deal with it. Good luck to you all.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 9:03pm PST 
I live on aranch jn thebig bend portion of Tx.. J had reason to buy some pups to grow into a replacement pair for two loyal elderly security/family.One of the two 9 week olds was my super cool 140# + "Jet".His partner Turk..165#,an Anatolian Sheppard .They were the best of pals until they turned 2.I was there and am wise to what hormones do ,and from exp knew about when to expect the riff.It's going to happen!!!!Im 6....4 215 Ive got a few decades (with powerful breeds) but your average guy is really on point.......he's in a bind
[notify]

I live on aranch jn thebig bend portion of Tx.. J had reason to buy some pups to grow into a replacement pair for two loyal elderly security/family.One of the two 9 week olds was my super cool 140# + "Jet".His partner Turk..165#,an Anatolian Sheppard .They were the best of pals until they turned 2.I was there and am wise to what hormones do ,and from exp knew about when to expect the riff.It's going to happen!!!!Im 6....4 215 Ive got a few decades (with powerful breeds) but your average guy is really on point.......he's in a bind
[notify]

[notify]

[notify]
BRUNO

i love my family

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '12 7:49am PST 
My dog bruno has been great with all dogs big and small till yesterday when my brother brought over his husky. my dog is about 7 months 90 lbs, my brothers 13 months 65 lbs. the husky tried to show dominace and walked up to bruno growling at him, bruno didnt move. bruno gave him three chances then the husky snapped at him to try and scare him. bruno jumped on him and went to seriously bite him. I think it had alot to do with protecting me and the fact that these dogs are very dominant even at 7 months. I tried again a couple of hours later and once again the husky came at him, this time he didnt wait and got so crazy i had to drag him away or he would have really hurt the husky. he is also protective of everyone in my house including my little 10 pound pomerainian. Also after he snapped at the husky the husky is now scared to come in my house.
[notify]