GO!

Puppy weight

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Tucker James

Wanna play?

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 8:20am PST 
I am an 11 week old Bullmastiff who is 14 lbs. Does anyone know if that is highly unusual for a male?

Edited by author Tue Dec 8, '09 2:06pm PST

[notify]
Jackson

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 1:50pm PST 
I am not sure. I was 19 pounds at 9 weeks but I was one of the larger dogs in my litter.
[notify]
Grace

Grizzy Grace. <3

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '08 4:36pm PST 
You may be a little on the petite side, but we're all individuals!

I am 74 pounds (full grown!) and my Bullmastiff brother is 135!

My twin (biological brother) is only about 90 pounds. There's quite a weight variation within the breed.

A good rule of thumb is 8-10 pounds/month.

We're sending you an invite to the Bodacious Bullmastiff group too, by the way! Feel free to ask all questions you'd like in there! Everybody is an experienced Bullmastiff owner in there with gobs of information and advice!
[notify]

Tucker James

Wanna play?

Barked: Tue Aug 5, '08 6:42am PST 
Thanks!
[notify]
Abbey

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '08 5:49am PST 
I'm not too sure about males, but Abbey (female) weighed 14 lbs at 10 weeks. I've always heard bullies grow at very different rates...some start out small and get huge, or some start out bigger and stay on the smaller size when they mature. I agree with the 10 lbs per month average growth rate. Abbey has pretty much grown at that rate.

Your baby is adorable though!! big grin
[notify]
Zara

gentle giant

Barked: Thu Aug 28, '08 9:07pm PST 
My first post.....

I'm 17 lbs eek at 8.5 weeks. My dad is 131 lbs, and I was one of the biggest girls in the litter.
[notify]
Toro

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 2:03pm PST 
My TORO is almost 11 weeks old and he is 26 pounds, he is pretty big, but beautiful, he was the biggest in th litter, his father is 150 lb. THANK YOU, GOOD LUCK
[notify]
Rocky

Barked: Sat Jan 10, '09 3:11pm PST 
I read he's supposed to gain ten pounds a month...on 11/10/08 (3 months old) I weighed him and he was 24 lbs, now today I weighed him and he's 40 lbs. He's very scrawny and you see his ribs. Is this normal? I bought liver and boiled it for him and also Nutri-Cal. How much did your pup weigh at 5 months???

Edited by author Sat Jan 10, '09 3:17pm PST

[notify]
Agador- Spartacus,- CGC

Are you afraid- of my- Guatamala-ness?

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 7:51am PST 
My boy dog was one that gained exactly 10lbs per month. My girl, she was a little slower as she was a skinny little thing when we got her. She more than made up for that now as she is on a diet, but she is a petite one compared to the boy and a good weight for her is 110-115lbs.
[notify]
Rocky

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 3:17pm PST 
He has an appt tomorrow with the vet. He's vomitting the boiled kidneys I gave him yesterday (I read on a website its good for them)....I made him white rice with his dried food and he hasn't eaten all day. I'm very worried.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4