GO!

registering questions

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

harley

Barked: Mon Aug 15, '11 9:34am PST 
I recently got contacted by a bully breeder wanting to use harley as a stud. He is akc registered with champion bloodlines. I have his akc papers and a certificate with his hole pedigree on it. So I was woundering if I let them use him as a stud once he is old enough what all papers and info do I need? I never got him on the intent of studding him out but I'm not against it because its good way to get another bully pup since they offered pick of the litter or stud fee which I have been searching for the right pup and why not keep my harleys lines in our family. But I guess what I'm askin what will I need to provide for them to register the puppies. I'm sure they will know but I wanna kinda be prepared. I asked em why harley and they just wanted to mix it up some since they only have one stud for 3 females of there own. I guess the breeder I got him from gave them my number because he was one of the best pups he's had and his male is getting to old to do much more. So I contacted the breeder of harley and asked him about them and if they was reputable breeders or just back yard breeders because I don't want to promote bad breeding or people who breed them just for the money and he said they were very passionate about there bullys and he wanted to see the bloodlines of his male carried on through harley if I would allow it. They said they will probably just have me bring him to the vet to be collected so they can use his semen to artificially breed there female they have picked to use harley on. So any thoughts and info would be great.
[notify]
harley

Barked: Mon Aug 15, '11 10:28am PST 
Oh and just to clerify I know the correct term is bulldog not english bulldog and I like to call mine english bulldog just because I enjoy it. To all of those that enjoy being crazy and goin off about that. And I also do have him OFA CERF and brucellosis tested. And no I will not get him nuetered stud or no stud I don't want to because to me its taking away his man hood and I wouldn't let anyone do it to me so why would I do it to him. I'd rather just keep a closer eye on him. Just getting that out there before I get any rude replies.
[notify]
Audrey- Hepbull

I am not dumb, I- am ignoring you.

Barked: Thu Aug 18, '11 11:17am PST 
I would contact your local BCA chapter and talk to them. They would know what the most common ways of doing it are. And they will know about the local breeders, their integrity and the quality of dogs they produce, what health testing should be done, what paperwork you'll need to provide, etc....

Also it would be best to have your dog evaluated for conformation in addition to the health testing prior to breeding him. If you aren't going to show him for that conformation acknowledgement the BCA club can help you evaluate him.

I wouldn't have a male neutered either, for health reasons. I don't believe that birth control can only be accomplished by surgical sterilzation.
[notify]