GO!

Cuts and Scrapes

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lucy

Barked: Mon Jul 25, '11 1:01pm PST 
Lucy is constantly getting little cuts or scrapes on her chin. Is this normal? Anyone have an y advice on how to prevent this? She leaves little spots of blood all over my home! Thanks so much for any help.
[notify]
harley

Barked: Tue Aug 16, '11 10:59am PST 
i would not say that is normal. im not real sure what could be happening. what kind of toys do u have? could it happen during feeding? many things could have caused that.
[notify]
Audrey- Hepbull

I am not dumb, I- am ignoring you.

Barked: Thu Aug 18, '11 11:24am PST 
Audrey is OCD about her ball, and if she plays with it too long she scrapes her chin and face up also.
I know it's from our rough tile floor and from her trying to get under the furniture.
Some bullies do get chin acne. If your dog's chin does not clear up when you keep her from playing with toys, it may be that.
[notify]

Lucy

Barked: Tue Oct 4, '11 12:57pm PST 
Thank you for the responses. Vet said it was the chin acne! I had no idea dogs could get acne. It's actually gotten a little better as she has gotten older.
[notify]