GO!

This is a bit gross but.......

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '07 10:47am PST 
..My doggies use the indoor potty mats even Brodie. We had to train them that way b/c of where we used to live.
Anyway, Brodie does good now but when he poopies he is always in a hurry to run off that he doesn't drop the last bit of poop til he is in the next room and sometimes needs his booty wiped before i can let him back on the couch. Does anyone else have this problem?
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '07 3:45am PST 
also could there be a food to make his poop more solid....the only one i found that does is pedigree but i dont want to feed it with all the bad things i have heard.
[notify]
Sophie

Behold the power- of the SQUISHY- FACE!!

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '07 11:58am PST 
I think it is another of those "bullie quirks"!! I didn't know it when I got Sophie, but most bullies can't clean their butts. I asked pretty much the same question on another forum and was told "welcome to the Bullie Butt-Wiping Club"!! big laugh

ETA:
Switching to a RAW diet drastically reduced the size and smell of Sophie's poo, plus she usually goes once, maybe twice a day where she was going 3-4 times on kibble.

Edited by author Mon Dec 31, '07 12:01pm PST

[notify]

Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 2:42pm PST 
thanks at least i know that Brodie isnt the only one who needs his booty wiped! red face
[notify]
Matilda

Hang on, lemme- just put my bum- on you.

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '08 9:27am PST 
This happens to us all the time. Bum-cleaning seems to come with the territory. We're used to it by now.

Of course, at 7am when it's 10 degrees F outside and neither of us can see very well, I don't want to find out that the dangly bits didn't fall off on the dash back to the house...but it happens.

See my earlier post about having beaucoup wipes onhand. At all times. smile
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '08 10:05pm PST 
Yep that sounds rough!

Brodie used the mats so i have to make sure and check him before he jumps back on the couch or on me!
and we have had our unfortunate incidents where we
didnt check in time ;(
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '08 7:12am PST 
Yep Brodie we had the same problems over the years, we got use to baby wipes , when we are around (Boys sometimes use Wee Pads) when not home , so we just ended up putting old sheets on the couch, this way we just dump them in the washer when there is a goof , or when company comes , just whip off the sheets it does help on preserving the couch material ....wave
Rommel & Thor
[notify]
Dudley

Rub my butt!

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '08 12:03pm PST 
Hey Brodie, You are not alone! We also stock up on baby wipes for Dudley's bum (and face too). When we bought new furniture, we invested in a slip cover couch. It was the best investment ever!!
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '08 12:36pm PST 
yep i always keep a throw or sheet on the couch too. one time he tried to sit in my lap though and i started smelling something...he has scooted his butt down my chest and left yucky marks on my tshirt....eeewwwwy
[notify]
Rogue (over- the rainbow- bridge

I am a princess- and don't you- forget it

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '08 11:06pm PST 
hehe Brodie, Rogue is the same needs her butt wiped daily!! Always have the wet ones on had , she isn't allowed on the furniture (except her leather recliner) but she does come in and try to wipe her bum on the rug YUCk so as soon as she is in the butt gets a wipe, YUCK, She has fairly soild poos she eats a mix of Eukanba (weight loss cause she put on a few to many kilos over christmas big grin) and the Hills science diet light tinned stuff and I have found has made her poo more soild.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3