GO!

Very very worried.......

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 9:17am PST 
hey all, went to clean the dog poop out of the yard today and noticed that a decent amount of my dog's stools are white. I don't know if it's just because it's getting cold in the morning with frost, or if there's seriously an issue. I am concerned about his liver and kidneys.

When he was still my roommate's dog (she decided she didn't feel like keeping him when we parted so I took him), he got into 2 whole chocolate cakes in two days. I was gone from the area, so by the time I found out a couple of days had passed and the vet said there was nothing I could do about it. My roommate thought that it was no big deal......but I've been concerned about it ever since. There was also a time that I plum forgot I had chocolate covered macademia nuts (about 10-15) in my backpack, and left him alone in the room with it while I went outside to check the mail and chat with a neighbor. When I came back in, he had eaten it. I got him to throw up right after, but I was still reminded of all of the chocolate he's eaten in such a small amount of time.

I have school throughout the day for the next week (big final projects coming up, lots of team meetings). So I'm trying to decide if I should get my dog in immediately, or if you think that it should wait a few more days to see if it improves - If he's sick I don't want him to get any sicker, but I just don't know if white stool means that he's ill. He acts like a healthy, happy puppy.
[notify]
Donovan Rest- in Peace

Donovan - the happy- pretzel dog

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 8:25pm PST 
I wouldn't worry. If your boxer ate two chocolate cakes and didn't get noticeably sick right away he's probably fine. White stools I don't know about. Have you told the vet about them? That would be my big worry, the white stools that is. Also if he's acting like a happy, healthy pup he probably is. Just watch him for anything unusual.
[notify]