GO!

Are there really no black boxers?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Daisy

Barked: Sun Sep 15, '13 2:25pm PST 
I keep trying to tell her she doesn't exist! She just looks at me funny!
[notify]

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 3:35pm PST 
I have a boxer pup that is pure black with a white chest and white paws. Both his parents are pure boxers and are AKC/UKC registered. Black boxers are a genetic anomaly, but are possible, and they are not "really dark brindle" or a mix.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 29, '14 10:30am PST 
Ugh Ive been reading up on the "black" boxer a lot. I have a 4 month old female sealed brindle that looks black but in the light you can see some faint stripes. Both her parents were full blood boxers. Female was white and the male was classic sealed. In that litter there were two flashy sealed brindles and the rest were fawns/flashy fawns. I don't believe for one second that they were mixed with any. They are pure bred boxers end of story. You have a very cute sealed brindle!
[notify]

Jaxx

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '14 5:35pm PST 
Yes there is such thing of a black boxer. When the breed was first founded, breeders did not accept black or white boxers and killed them as puppies. Sadly today, because of that black boxers are extremely rare. I am a big fan of these amazing dogs and I have been working with a boxer rescue for several years and i have not seen one black boxer. I have a boxer/bulldog mix and he dose have a black coat. To breed standards today, black or white boxers are still not acceptable.
[notify]
Jaxx

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '14 5:35pm PST 
No there is such thing of a black boxer. When the breed was first founded, breeders did not accept black or white boxers and killed them as puppies. Sadly today, because of that black boxers are extremely rare. I am a big fan of these amazing dogs and I have been working with a boxer rescue for several years and i have not seen one black boxer. I have a boxer/bulldog mix and he dose have a black coat. To breed standards today, black or white boxers are still not acceptable.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2