GO!

Owning 2 Bostons

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bella

Baby of the- Family

Barked: Tue Sep 23, '08 7:43am PST 
Hi. I'm looking for some comments and advice from any of you who own 2 female Bostons. Our Boston, Bella, is 13 months old and we really want to give her a sister and we've always prefered female dogs. I've read lots of negative things about owning 2 female dogs (aggression, territorial etc.) but I wonder if that's the case with Bostons seeing as they're typically so passive and good-natured.

Any advice?
Thanks!
Mary & Bella

Edited by author Tue Sep 23, '08 11:19am PST

[notify]
Starry-ied- Top Tux by- the Bay

always a- champion

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 6:16am PST 
We wanted a second female, as well. Had a male that wasn't good in the house. I finally decided on a little male and he is the sweetest fellow and so well behaved. It is a touch decision. Miss Clover is very posessive and not good with other dogs, but she does well with Topper. I chose the little male due to her agressive nature.
[notify]
Gracie - In Loving- Memory

Service with a- Smile! : )

Barked: Fri Dec 19, '08 11:38am PST 
We have two female Bostons living in our house and they really like each other. Gracie is mine and Sassy is my husbands. My mother has given me a male Boston pup to raise (don't know if she'll let me keep him) and he gets along just fine. Thats 3 Bostons and all is well.

My mother also has Bostons so at holidays the Bostons have a grand time playing with each other- 6 in all!

Boston Terriers LIKE other Boston Terriers better than any other breed.
[notify]

Lilo

Snugglebunny

Barked: Thu Feb 26, '09 12:07am PST 
My situation is similar...
I have 2 females and they love each other a ton! Lilo was 2 when we got Jada as a puppy...they get along incredibly well and I could tell instantly that Lilo was a happier dog. I strongly recommend getting them in pairs...they understand each other better than we humans can ever hope to.

My parents have 3 female Bostons and 1 male and they all got along except for the male...they found a new home where he is the king and he is doing much better...when we get all the girls together they play very well and there are never really any problems...

at the end of the day it really depends on the individual dogs...you should be able to tell if the one you have would enjoy a new buddy or not...chances are if you got a pup, then the pup would love having an older sister...mine did!
[notify]
Dilley and- Dale

Handsome Boys

Barked: Mon May 18, '09 8:56pm PST 
I have 2 male bostons from the same litter...they do everything together and are best friends. Sometimes, like right now for instance they get crazy and bite each other and run around the room. I will say I am glad that I got both of them, they are great.
[notify]
Prince- Mungo's- Memorial

Prince Prodigy- Puppy

Barked: Fri Jun 5, '09 12:05am PST 
Both of my Boston Terriers are males. Jack is almost 8 years old and Mungo is almost 8 weeks old. So far, Jack is terrified of Mungo because of his tiny size. Mungo loves Jack, though.

My Aunt has two female Boston Terriers. They are both spayed and get along great. Actually, they are inseperable. They love to play tug-of-war and always sleep next to each other.
[notify]
Slade

bonkers4bostons.- ning.com

Barked: Sun Nov 29, '09 9:42am PST 
It's all about socilization. We've owned several dogs aone time, males and females, just introduce them and work with them a bit and they'll be great. Good luck big grin
[notify]
Ernie

Barked: Thu Apr 22, '10 10:05am PST 
Ernie and Gyspy would not know what to do with out each other! They are BEST BUDS!blue dog
[notify]
spanky

spankys my name- troubles my game

Barked: Fri Jul 15, '11 7:26pm PST 
i have 2 female bostons and they get along good they play and my 2 males play with them to all 4 of my bostons get along great the females sleep together so they never fight these are the best little dog anyone could ever ask for i have 3 puppys now im fixing to be selling if i didnt have 4 already i would keep them they are so cute. but i hope this helps you get you another female it woll be just fine dena kinsey
[notify]
Grace

Let's go go..

Barked: Sat Sep 24, '11 1:48pm PST 
We have two Boston's that are brother/ sister. First time having two.
I tell ya, it was the best move. They keep each other company while we are at work and you get 2 hugs and kisses when you get home. It is great to have 2, they can do everything together, except eating. That is separate bowls only. LOL.
snoopy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2