GO!

Border Collie X?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sadie

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 4:30pm PST 
Hi,Sadie is about 60lbs and seems to be growing still. She is maybe a year old, not sure, since she is a rescue. We adopted her on September 4th.
Anyway,I posted a few pics, anyone have any ideas what she might be mixed with? One of the pics she is walking with her friend Shelby an English Springer Spaniel, who is about 45/50 lbs.
Thank you!!
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 3:13pm PST 
He looks mostly Border Collie to me smile
While the standard calls for a mid sized dog, Border Collies come in all shapes and sizes.
I've met some that weighed as little as 25lbs and some as big as 60lbs.

Looking at the pics, I can't really see what else could be mixed in there. Perhaps Rough Collie?
[notify]
Sadie

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 3:29pm PST 
Cobain, thank you. I was thinking the same thing, but I am new to collies in general. When we go to the dog park there are several other BCs that frequent the park,and she dwarfs them all. But she acts like a BC, and when I look at pics of BCs the only striking difference is size.
I am happy with her the way she is...no complaints.
[notify]

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 1:32pm PST 
Just realized I said "He" instead of "She" sorry about that silenced

Some of her side on shots, she looks entirely BC.
But some of the head on shots she sort of looks like she has a more elongated snout like a Rough Collie?
Either way, glad you are enjoying her big grin
[notify]
Loki

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 1:13pm PST 
I have a BIG BC too, last time he was weighted he was 58 lbs. he is 1/4th chessapeake retriever but mostly BC. You may just have a BIG BC. Even though my Loki came from a shelter I was able to meet his original family and they told me his history and his daddy was a big BC too. Your gal is GORGEOUS BTW!
[notify]