GO!

Tasks for my blue heeler/corgi mix

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 5:38am PST 
Almost a year ago I adopted Ozzie and aside from being taller and larger than most corgis, he certainly acted like one. He seemed like he would be fine in my apartment as long as I made sure to take him on long walks and to the park to get some exercise. The longer I had him though, the higher his energy levels became and my vet pointed out that with his markings, he likely has blue heeler in him, maybe even 50%. He's not destructive at all (yet) and he is easily trained, but I was wondering if anyone had tasks that their blue heeler can do in the house since I know that having a job can help keep him from becoming destructive.

I'm trying to move out of my apartment, but I'm not financially capable at this time to find a small house. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
[notify]