GO!

bloodhound

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
JACK

BORN TO GET INTO- THINGS

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '08 12:50pm PST 
can anyone tell me how long it will be, before my bloodhound stops grabbing things off the tables and countertops?
[notify]
Diesel

This is my cute- look

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '08 6:23am PST 
Well, my foster gal "Sallie Mae" is 3 years old and she hasn't stopped yet..... laugh out loud

But ya gotta love 'em!
[notify]
Jacob

Made to be a- love muffin

Barked: Mon May 26, '08 8:00pm PST 
I thought I was being a lousy mom because I can't get Jacob to stop that. I am so glad (no offense intended) that someone else is having this problem. I never realized how much fun big dogs can be until Jacob. I love my little ankle biter too but gosh, I learned to love the snow again with Jacob.
[notify]

Jacob

Made to be a- love muffin

Barked: Mon May 26, '08 8:01pm PST 
I thought I was being a lousy mom because I can't get Jacob to stop that. I am so glad (no offense intended) that someone else is having this problem. I never realized how much fun big dogs can be until Jacob. I love my little ankle biter too but gosh, I learned to love the snow again with Jacob.
[notify]
Kasey

AROOOOOOO!

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '08 2:35pm PST 
Kasey likes to counter-surf too. Since she figured out she is bigger than a dachshund, she has been surfing, haha! Thankfully the worst she has done is eat a whole dry sausage, the rest of the time, she only gets a chance to lick the food before we catch her. The funniest one was when she grabbed a zip-lock bag of dry sausage (see a pattern here? haha!) and walked into the livingroom- when she realized we were in there she stopped dead then got this look on her face like "I was bringing this to you, honest!!!!" and brought it to me!
[notify]
Charlie

Conan the- Destroyer

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '08 9:21am PST 
My Charlie just turned 1 yr. yesterday and so far hasn't stolen from the table yet but he does lay his big old mushy face on the table while we eat and gazes at us with those big sad eyes. Sometimes it seems we have to wipe the table edge 10 times through a meal or that drool gets like cement besides not being too appetizing to look at once he has shifted from my husband to me or back, over and over! He's a work in progress so I always keep my eye on him when I have something laying out but so far so good. He never seems to want to get the hint when we tell him no at mealtime and move him away from the table he just comes right back. His back is as high as the table so it's nothing for him to just stand there and lay his head on it How long do these guys keep growing because he goes about 120 lbs. now and he's just starting to show more muscle.
[notify]
Dazey Duke

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '08 5:00pm PST 
my Dazey has never tryed to grab anything off the table or counters. However we eat on the coffee table and when she was a pup she was tough...now we just tell her to lay down and be patient and she does because she knows she's going to get a treat after.
She just turned 1 year last month.
[notify]
Alexzander

Barked: Mon Nov 24, '08 1:48pm PST 
well personally i think it dosnt matter how old they are
you have to train them to keep them off the counters n tables
my bf parents have a 9 yrold golden mix that would get on the stove eat right outta their pans and even steal food right outta your hand .
you gotta train train train! lol

heres something i watched on a training video &
seems to work for me.
use a leash n hot dogs give them a few the put the hot dog on the egde of the counter so they see it if the go after it yo lightly pull back and say no keep doing so and when they dont take it reward them with the hotdog

Edited by author Mon Nov 24, '08 1:49pm PST

[notify]
Rikki

Help a working- hound, go get- lost!

Barked: Mon Nov 24, '08 7:33pm PST 
My Rikki was peacefully asleep in the living room while I cooked breakfast, or so I thought. I just finished making my egg sandwich and turned to grab a napkin and before I could blink, she was eating my sandwich off the counter!!!
[notify]
Chester

Rescue 4

Barked: Fri Jan 2, '09 6:18am PST 
I have tried using the ch-ch that the dog whisperer uses and it works when I am there. My Bloodhound Chester likes to eat napkins when we are clearing the table and also likes to help pre-wash dishes while the dishwasher is being loaded. It is hard to stay mad at a Bloodhound. They give you the sad eyes oh shucks
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2