GO!

Am I a BMC?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 10:50am PST 
I rescued this little guy. Vet said he is around 9 to 10 weeks. Shelter just had him tagged as Shep. Definitely not a shepherd though, mix at best.

We both think he looks and acts a lot like a cur though. I'm just not real familiar with them. Here are some pics of the little guy.

Full Body
Mouth Close Up
Playing
Front Profile

Edited by author Sun Mar 4, '12 10:59am PST

[notify]

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 10:52am PST 
gratuitous emoticon

happy dance

Edited by author Sun Mar 4, '12 10:53am PST

[notify]
Freya

SQUIRRELL!!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '12 9:46am PST 
Sure looks like a BMC puppy to me. No sheppard there that I can see. If you didn't adopt it in the south, the adoption center probably didn't recognize it. If it's a BMC you're lucky. Very smart and trainable - only positive reward system though - and very affectionate.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 9:09am PST 
I also rescued a dog when he was just 8 weeks old. they told us he was a shepherd mix but i didn't think that was right. they told us he was rescued from Virginia and I live in NY. i have never heard of this breed until today and after researching it I;m convinced my dog is a BMC.

I don't know how to post pictures otherwise I would.

Edited by author Wed Apr 4, '12 9:17am PST

[notify]
Freya

SQUIRRELL!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 12:33pm PST 
here are the NKC standards:

http://www.nationalkennelclub.com/breed-standards/blackmouth_cur .htm

there is also some good information at blackmouthcur.com and breeder sits from the south usually have good pictures. I was from PA and never heard of the breed either. Here is one of your fellow NY'ers with a BMC in central part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnUT2mEJaJw
[notify]
Sweet Dilly- D

Crocka-ma-Dilly- ~ DOG

Barked: Thu Aug 2, '12 1:41pm PST 
Looks like a B M C to me alsocheer
[notify]
Freya

SQUIRRELL!!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 21, '12 11:16am PST 
The picture of Dilly diving for the ball is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen.
[notify]