GO!

New member here!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Beau

Barked: Wed Mar 4, '09 1:50pm PST 
Hi everyone! I am an owner of a black mouth cur. His name is Beau. I have had him for 2 1/2 years. A friend of mine found him and his 3 siblings abandoned on the side of the road when they were 3 months old. I kept Beau and found a home for the other 3. The other day a friend of mine said I probably had the most Spoiled Black mouth cur in the world. Just thought I would like to meet some other owners and see how many them spoil their doggies! Hope to hear from someone soon!

Sarah
[notify]
JJ

I want it now!

Barked: Tue Mar 17, '09 2:43am PST 
omg I just found this forum! How fun. Yes, I may own 3 mixes, but they were all guessed to be black mouth curs. Lets see: one of them eats every single day with me holding his bowl for him, before I got a backyard they had their own bedroom complete with fouton folded out and window with blinds raised, they get treats all the time, and they never have to stay outside if its too hot or too cold. They've learned the weakness in the back door (the lock doesn't fit in the jamb all the time) and open the door on their own if we forget to deadbolt it.
[notify]
Bella

Pirate Puppy,- Hoover

Barked: Sun Mar 22, '09 4:08pm PST 
Hi there! We're new members also-and you can bet we spoil our Bella!She's almost 4 months old, and as sweet as can be! We take her on our boat with us(wearing her puppy life jacket of course!), and pretty much wherever we go-she goes. She loves everybody-and when we take her to the dog park, she is pretty much always the center of attention. I've always had dogs, but for a 10 in all catergories-you can't beat a Black mouth Cur!!hail

Edited by author Sun Mar 22, '09 4:12pm PST

[notify]

Beau

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 10:25am PST 
Hello to Bella and JJ!!! Yes, BMC are the best. I am so lucky to have him. Hopefully I can post some more pictures of him soon. I have a question though....he has had some problems with his ears, I was wondering if eother of you knew if ear problems are a trait of BMC's? Hope to talk to you soon!
[notify]
Bella

Pirate Puppy,- Hoover

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 8:31am PST 
Hey there Beau! You do have to watch their ears because they tend to be kind of large and floppy. We have to check them often to make sure they are kept clean because they can collect a lot of junk. Bella is a very healthy pup-but she as had ear mites that we had to give her ear drops for. Good to hear from you-hope Beau is doing well!
[notify]
JJ

I want it now!

Barked: Thu Apr 9, '09 9:56pm PST 
Hi Bella!!! JJ HATES the water. I tried him on a boat once and he almost ripped up the seats! We just stick to squirrel watching/hunting/chasing/barking now.
[notify]