GO!

First Post!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Riley-going to Petster.

Maybe Petster- will be nicer to- me

Barked: Thu Jun 21, '07 12:37pm PST 
So is Riley!
I think it's just a summer thing,because he has been chewing on himself,it is probably fleas or just that summer skin,thanks for posting,we needed some more curs!big grin
[notify]
Cooper

Why won't ALL- the dogs play- with me?

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '07 8:19pm PST 
Hey, Zeus, I'm Cooper! My skin has started doing the same thing. When my family first brought me home, Mom noticed that all my skin under my hair was pink....well, now I'm all marbled. She says the skin on the backs of my legs is dark so I always look dirty back there, and all the skin on my underbelly is all different colors, too. I think it's cool....I look like a marbled cake! And I loves me some cake. And squirrels....and well, pretty much anything.

HEY! I caught a bat right outta the air last night! Scared my mom and her friends pretty good. I played with it for a couple seconds, but then it got awayfrown
[notify]
JerryLee

Lord of the- manor,master of- the woods.

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '07 8:01am PST 
BMC reporting in! Good to find others in my breed family to visit with. I am a BMC cross...the other breed barking up my family tree is a mystery. I love to take long walks(runs!)in the woods and come home tongue draggin' tired. I live with my momma and a mean ol' kitty. My skin color is developing dark blotches too. Especially under my "arm pits" and between my back legs. When people ask "What breed of dog is that?"and momma tells them that I'm a BMC,they always reply "I thought a cur was the same as a mutt." Do you have to explain the history of the breed too? Good woofin' at ya! J.L.
[notify]

Riley-going to Petster.

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 7:06am PST 
We are a breed
Check this out
BMC

BMC

BMC Breeder and Info

If those links didn't work,here are the webbieswink

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/blackmouthcur.htm
http://w ww.blackmouthcur.com/
http://kdsblackmouthcurs.com/
[notify]
Riley-going to Petster.

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 7:08am PST 
Ok....I don't think the first one worked,just check them out...they are pretty cool
[notify]
JerryLee

Lord of the- manor,master of- the woods.

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 8:42am PST 
Thanks for the breed specific links. We checked them out and found them very interesting! When I adopted JerryLee I did a BMC breed search on the web.(I thought he was pure bred) Found a website in Mississippi for BMC. Sent them a puppy picture of J.L. The man was kind enough to respond and he informed me that J.L. definately had the blood line,however,he wasn't pure bred. Said his ears were too big,among other things.
I love him dearly and am working on trying to correct the mistakes I made in his early training. (he is very aggressive towards humans and will bite...including me)After reading the other BMC posts it seems that our aggression issues are not something that is commonly associated with this breed. 99% of the time he is a happy,fun-loving,goofy kind of guy...but that other 1% is a danger.
Looking foward to staying in touch!
[notify]
JJ

I want it now!

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '08 1:05pm PST 
Hey Zeus. I know I"m posting late but I just wanted to let you know I'm a BMC mix and my undersides have turned dark colored, too. So have my sister and brother BMC mixes. Mom says we just got tanned, but we're too active and crazy to be sick!

I wouldn't worry, but, as you know, I'm just a dog. Haven't gone to doggie school and mom only knows about humans.
[notify]
Riley-going to Petster.

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '08 5:38pm PST 
You know,we should make like a Black Mouth Cur day on Dogster to maybe increase the breed's poularity a little bit.
We could make a post in Plus Fun(or if no BMC is plus then we can post in a regular forum also) and put BMC breeder links and info and pics in the post.
I think it would be a great way for more people to know about BMC's and know what a wonderful breed we are!

Who's with me forFriday,May 9th as Black Mouth Cur day?puppy
[notify]
Tayto

Barked: Mon Nov 3, '08 4:13pm PST 
Hey all, I am new I was reading this thread and I now there has been no activity in a while but thought I would throw my 2 cents in. As far as those of you whose dogs skin is turning black, it may be nothing but one of my dogs (my non-BMC) skin turned black as well and he was always itchy. It turns out he has a wheat allergy. I had to complety take him off wheat or any wheat products, I did that about 3 years ago and I have seen his skin come back to almost completly pink. This is apparently a fairly common occurance in dogs since so many many dog food companies use wheat as a filler. Hope this helps. BTW my BMC is there in the front of the picture.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2