GO!

My name is Snickers

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Snickers

The girl is- HOME!

Barked: Fri Jul 13, '12 4:44pm PST 
My mom adopted me on May 17 and I will be 6 mo.old this weekend. The vet says I'm 1/2 B&T coon hound, the other half is german shepherd and we don't know what. The only other hound my mom has ever had is my brother and he's beagle/fox terrier. He took 3 1/2 yrs. to start settling down. Now he's 5 1/2 yrs. old. I'm already as tall as him and he's too tall for a beagle. The vet thinks I'll get to about 60# full grown. I also have a 10 yr. old brother who is a chow.....Mom knows all about them, because that's the breed she had before for 20 yrs. And they were never as wild as Snuffy and me.

Here's what Mom wants to know before she's totally crazy and won't be coherent. How long will it take for me to stop running rampant and getting into and chewing up everything? What can she do to wear me out? I have a big fenced in yard that Snuffy and I run all over. I'm learning to fetch a tennis ball and Mom says I'm doing very well with that. Mom can't take us for walks because she can't walk or stand for very long, but hopes that gets fixed soon. I don't seem to have a very long attention span and it's been way too hot to be outside for long periods of time. The home forum says I need a job. What kind of a job?
Any suggestions on how to tire me out without killing Mom off would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by author Fri Jul 13, '12 4:47pm PST

[notify]