GO!

Help with Yorkie Please

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat May 18, '13 6:25pm PST 
I have a 3 year old male Yorkie. I guess I haven't done a good job raising him because he is getting increasingly more aggressive for no apparent reason. My groomer says she will have to charge me extra because she can groom 2-3 dogs in the time it takes her to groom Bear. So, I think, no problem, I can do this at home. Well, he was ok for a while, but now he bites me durig the bath, while I'm combing him, and while I'm trying to trim his fur. I have a 3 year old granddaughter and a second granddaughter is expected in July. We never leave them alone and are always very careful to supervise them, but I'm very uneasy. Bear has bitten my nephew and so-in-law as well. Never bringing blood, but a difinete bite. My groomer has a "pack" of dogs and so is very familiar with dog behavior. She says statistically some dogs are just aggressive. I don't know where to turn. We love Bear - he's a member of our family - but this behavior is unacceptable. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]