GO!

Is my female a male wannbe?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 8:55am PST 
I have a six-year-old purebred Bichon named Heidi, a female? She is a lovable, sweet and darling dog. Well, she has all-female parts and she was spayed when she was a little puppy. This is what I cannot understand and I would like to know if any other owner of a female Bichon has ever experienced this. Ever since she was little she lifts her hind leg to urinate. We have another dog, a Cocker. Sometimes Heidi waits until the Cocker, named Penny, urinates. She will then go over, lift her leg, and urinate on exactly the same spot as Penny. Sort of like marking her turf, similar to what males do. Do I have a trans-gender doggie. laugh out loud laugh out loud
[notify]