GO!

House Training my Bichon with little time at home

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Isabella- Marie

Isabella Marie-

Barked: Tue Aug 17, '10 2:08pm PST 
My step-mom bought my little brother a Bichon Frise (Isabella Marie) and just doesn't have the time for her so she is giving her to me in a few weeks (I live with my biological mom). My step-dad is a NEAT FREAK so I REALLY don't want her to have accidents in the house. Aside from that, my other younger brother has allergies and I know that feces and urine carries allergens. I attend school and both of my parents attend work so she will be home alone from 7:30 am until 2:40 pm. I need to know the best way to house-train her with limited time at home. We have a crate so I was thinking about putting her in there during the day with no food or water, as that will limit her bladder contents smile . I thought I would bring her out once when I wake up in the morning, and once before I leave for school. Then take her for a walk when I get home, and let her out before bed. I was wondering if anyone else had any better ideas. Any experts out there that can help me??!
[notify]