GO!

Question?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Priya

Princess Priya

Barked: Tue May 5, '09 9:38am PST 
Sorry, Priya is my first Bichon. I have a pretty stupid question (don't laugh :p) i want another dog for a buddy with Priya and I was wondering what other breeds of dogs will go well with a bichon? Sorry, this question is so dumb frown
[notify]
Mulligan

The- Flying Bichon-

Barked: Wed May 6, '09 7:12am PST 
Any dog breed should go well with a bichon. Bichon's are very happy go lucky low prey drive dogs who want everyone to be there pals. I personally would not go with a large breed dog for fear of injury to your Bichon. The bigger question is why would you not get another Bichon?? THey're the best dog breed in the world IMO!!!big grin
[notify]
Priya

Princess Priya

Barked: Tue May 19, '09 10:06am PST 
Oh I LOVE Bichons, the problem is that my dad wants a big dog and I live with my parents so I can't argue with them. I am afraid to get a big dog with my Bichon, my dad wants a Lab or golden retriver. I think it might be dangorous with my Bichon though, I know nothing about Labs or Golden retrivers because before my bichon I had a beagle. shrug frown
[notify]

Snoopy

I'm the KING of- Naughtiness

Barked: Tue Jun 23, '09 3:36pm PST 
this is kind of a late response, but we have 5 dogs at our house right now...We have Snoops (the bichon), and 4 big dogs...2 labs, a border collie, and a standard poodle, and other than keeping an eye on them to make sure no one steps on Snoopy, all the dogs get along great and play together really well.
[notify]
Priya

Princess Priya

Barked: Sun Aug 2, '09 12:42pm PST 
Thanks snoppy smile
[notify]
Pheobie

Barked: Thu Aug 13, '09 6:08pm PST 
Pheobie lives with my lab Harpo and they do fine together. Currently she is living with 3 labs *Summer home with my grandparents*. Teach the bigger dog to be self aware of your other dog. Maybe a medium dog would be okay? A beagle or something like that? Or is your dad SET completely on a big dog?
[notify]
Brody

I brake for- bones!

Barked: Tue Oct 6, '09 10:47am PST 
Meh big dogs arent such a bother. Bichons may look small but theyre sturdy. Remember, the dog you might guy will prolly be a puppy. Your bichon and the new puppy no matter what size it will be when it grows up will bond way before size comes into issue. If by chance you adopt an adult "big" dog, just make sure your Bichon and it get a long before the adopt.
[notify]
Priya

Princess Priya

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '12 12:31am PST 
Sorry for the late response but thanks everyone for your answears big grin
[notify]