GO!

bichon look

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

abbey

snowball,fluffy,- snowy,babe,abbey- lou

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '08 7:40am PST 
hi everyone i was just seeing if any bichons out there will he;
lp my mum she wants to know how to get my fur lke a bichon,what does my mum haveto do when i have come out the bath, as its quite curly especialy on top of my head love to hear off u all lv abbey,, oh i send all a bichon hug
[notify]
Mulligan

The- Flying Bichon-

Barked: Mon Nov 24, '08 2:22pm PST 
It is very easy Abbey. All your mum has to do is use a Blow dryer set on a low to medium setting (don't want to get Abbey to hot) and brush out her hair while she dries it. It takes a while before the hair starts to dry but then it goes rather quickly. It takes my mum about 45 minutes for a bath and blow out. A good conditioner will make the brushing easier. Your mum may want to invest in a pet dryer. They are usually quieter and do not get too hot like human hair dryers.
[notify]
Maddie Mae

Velcro Maddie- Mae ! ! !

Barked: Wed Nov 26, '08 10:11am PST 
wave Everything in the last post is correct. I thought I would ad a couple of things. First the hair you are blow drying must be wet to straighten. Hair you are drying must be completely dry or it will curl back up. Do you know what line brushing is-just a small amount at a time. It is a good idea to put a towel over the rest of your puppy to keep the hair damp. I am no pro at thiis, but read in a book and did for awhile. Keep a spray bottle of water near. And get a pet dryer, pets cannot take the heat. That's very important! Good luck!applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplause
[notify]

abbey

Barked: Mon Dec 1, '08 6:36am PST 
cheer many thanks for the posts. my mum will givwe you a all a post over the wkend to let u know how she gets on,my mum kereps saying abbey i hope you sit nice an no running away when i ant to do ur hair bol xxsnoopy
[notify]
abbey

Barked: Sun Dec 28, '08 2:50am PST 
cheer hi guys well my mum she did what u said and my mum says i look like 1 now but she was wandering if any bichons hair at the top of there head staqys up where myn is quite soft but most bichons ashe has seen looks more of a rounded afro type, how would i get mine like this, when its wet does my mum dry it forward opr back as my mum did it forward bit by bit but just seem soft and doesnt stay up for long any suggestions many thanx love abbey an mum x
[notify]
Mulligan

The- Flying Bichon-

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 2:05pm PST 
Abbey, it is because you are only just a little pup. It takes till your about 18 months old for your under coat to grow in. The under coat it stiff and helps keep your hair standing up and poofy. When I was a puppy I always had a mohawk. All the hair on my head would not stand up except the middle BOL!! I looked like a white Mr T. BOL!!
[notify]
Troy

Your home is my- puddle

Barked: Thu Jan 8, '09 8:06pm PST 
Lol lol lol "Mulligan" hahaha "White Mr. T". Hee hee.

I didn't know that the Bichon's undercoat takes 18 months to grow. Wow!
[notify]
Benji

Barked: Mon Feb 21, '11 10:19am PST 
I have the same problem im 1 and a half and my coat still hasnt got corkscrew curls! Wat should i do?thinking
[notify]