GO!

oatmeal shampoo???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

molly

Barked: Fri May 23, '08 3:48pm PST 
Can anyone tell me what shampoo is the best for my bichon frise,i have been using johnsons tearless but have been told that it has not got the right ph balance.
I have heard that oatmeal shampoo is the best?
which one do i get or does anyone else have any other recomendations?
Thankyou
[notify]
Mulligan

The- Flying Bichon-

Barked: Fri May 23, '08 4:38pm PST 
A little more info about Molly would be helpful. Does Molly have any allergies or skin problems? Does she itch, have hot spots, or does she have healthy skin and coat?
[notify]
♥ Princess ♥

One-eyed Wonder- Dog

Barked: Sun May 25, '08 5:55am PST 
My Princess has a lot of allergies and she can not even bathe in oatmeal shampoo because it causes her to have a head-to-toe skin rash! (poor baby). So, we bathe her in a product called "Cortisoothe" and it contains cortisone to soothe the skin while bathing. It is the only product specifically formulated for dogs that does not give her a rash or cause any itching at all!
[notify]

Snoopy

I'm the KING of- Naughtiness

Barked: Wed May 28, '08 3:57pm PST 
I get a bath with a shampoo called Dr. Hypo by Kelco that my mommy buys from a groomer on Ebay. Its hypo allergenic, and designed for us allergic dogs. Its concentrated, so it goes a long way. My mom mixes it with water. There are no irritating stuffs in it, so if it doesnt get totally rinsed out, its not the end of the world.
[notify]
Madison- Faith

Madison-

Barked: Mon Jun 2, '08 11:35am PST 
I have been using a puppy shampoo from Hartz 'Groomer's Best' line. It is purple, and leaves a good scent...I have finally gotten through that bottle, and am about to try their whitening shampoo. I don't know if your puppy is like mine, but she doesn't seem to have any allergies or skin problems so far, and I've had to bathe her quite a bit with the purple stuff...seems like every time she gets good and clean within a week or so she wants to play in the mud or something!! naughty But that's ok, just gives me more chances to love on her after her bath!! happy dance
[notify]
molly

Barked: Tue Jun 24, '08 8:02am PST 
hi everyone thanks for your reply.im 5 months&so far iv no allergies or reactions.mummy has been using johnsons baby tearless shampoo on me since i arrived at 8wks,but the groomer says not proper ph balance.so now mum has used oatmeal shampoo & conditioner.expensive but mummy says im worth it!!!
only been used once so far no problems
cloud 9cheerlittle angel
[notify]
Nikki

you are what you- eat :)

Barked: Mon Jun 30, '08 1:18pm PST 
Earthbath's Oatmeal & Aloe Shampoo is REALLY good. It works perfectly for Nikki.

"Ingredients:
Purified water, natural cleansers, colloidal otameal (3%), aloe vera, almond and vanilla essences. All ingredients are natural, 100% biodegradable and extra gentle on your pet & you."

It has really good ingredients, your local health pet food store probably has it since we couldn't find any good shampoos at petsmart. Its about 20 dollars for 16 fl oz (472 ml)
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Sun Sep 14, '08 12:10pm PST 
Tried lots of doggy shampoos. Fluffy appreciates his gentle Origins Doggy Dip that leaves his coat fluffy clean without all the itchies and irritating perfume scents. http://www.origins.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY _ID=CATEGORY13727&PRODUCT_ID=PROD11252

Edited by author Sun Sep 14, '08 12:11pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 2:42pm PST 
Do NOT use the Hartz Groomers best Oatmeal Shampoo. I bathed my Bichon with it and she immediately started crying. This has never happened in the past. We usually use Earth Bath hypoallergenic and never had a problem. There have been many posts online about bad reactions to the Hartz Oatmeal Shampoo. They don't even list the ingredients on the bottle.
[notify]