GO!

Replacement for Iams Low Residue

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Winston

Barked: Mon Sep 13, '10 11:05am PST 
Winston suffers from a very delicate stomach and was on a combination of Iams low resudie and some canned i/d food and doing well until iams recalled the low residue. He refused to eat the id kibble and suffered from diareha. Can anyone recommend a dry food to replace the iams low residue. I don't know what else to do. He goes over to the bowl, picks out the canned food and leaves the rest.
[notify]
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 8:58am PST 
Many Bernese have sensitive stomachs, including my Maggie. It took me a while to find a diet that would work well for her.
Many Bernese seem to be sensitive to grains, especially corn and wheat. Iams Low residue is mainly a corn based diet. I would try switching to something grain free and see if that brings any help.
[notify]
Winston

Barked: Mon Sep 27, '10 1:48pm PST 
thanks so much - i tried venison and he's sick again. I'll check out the grain & wheat content. He can't seem to lie down now - his stomahc must hurt
[notify]

Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Mon Sep 27, '10 5:55pm PST 
Poor guy. I hope you find something that works for him soon.
[notify]