GO!

How old and how big

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sims

Biggest 20lb lap- dog you will- ever see!!

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '08 4:32pm PST 
I am curious. This is my first Berner, he is turning 4 in a few weeks, and was curious how old your Berner is and how old does his lineage tend to get.

Also, how big is your Berner.

Sims, father is now 10 and going good. Sims also weighs 118-120.

I have heard that the avg lifespan of Berners was 8-9 years. I dont know too many Old berners, but all the ones I know are over 10... The rest of the Berners are know are all under 6.
[notify]
MT TOP's- Secret- Agent,- C.G.C.

R.I.P. Kahaus

Barked: Thu Mar 13, '08 12:18pm PST 
Usually people will say that Berner lifespans are around 6-9 years old. My aunt had a Berner who died last year that was fifteen. My Kahaus is 110 lbs and will be 7 next Wednesday. My dad's Berner died a year and half ago from throat cancer at age 5.

God bless you,
Lissa
[notify]
Abigail

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 3:44pm PST 
My girl is 3.5 years old. She weighs between 90-100
Her weight verys depending on how many treats she gets.
I've noticed lately that her hips have been giving her some trouble.
I don't have stairs at my house... so I never see her go up/down them.
She hasn't seen stairs in about 6 months, and she did last weekend and it just didn't look right.
She's going into the vet next Saturday and I hope nothing is wrong.

On the Rainbow Bridge website, the Berners that passed are around 7. It really kills me thinking that she's half way through her life. I sure hope not.
[notify]

Saskia

The Socialite

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '08 9:20pm PST 
Saskia is two years old and she weighs in at about 78lbs.
[notify]
Gavin- Gabriel

CaN I HaZ- LovIns?

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '08 6:34am PST 
Gavin Gabriel is 7 weeks and two days old and weights 14 pounds...little porker.
[notify]
Tucker

Love comes in- three colors

Barked: Mon May 19, '08 1:35pm PST 
Our Tucker is 19 months and 105 lbs. He's also our first Berner...and what a love!!! I'm so glad I caved when my boyfriend nagged...I mean asked if we could get one!!
[notify]
Mischa

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '08 8:54pm PST 
My Mischa's three and a half months old and probably over twenty pounds...she's growing quickly, as well!
[notify]
Darby

Darby- Dude,tank,pee-pe- e head,poopy- head.

Barked: Mon Aug 25, '08 2:46pm PST 
My Darby is 1 year old and 98 lbs.
[notify]
Bernie

Barked: Sun Sep 7, '08 1:30pm PST 
Bernie is my first Berner and he is 5 months old and 63 lbs. Everything I have read says they have a life span of 6-8 years, however both his parents were 9 years old. Bernie is by far the best dog I have ever had.
[notify]
Bambina

Barked: Sun Sep 14, '08 11:19pm PST 
Bambina is almost 2 and 85 pounds which is small for the breed (no complaints). Her father was HUGE as is one of her brothers (he weighs in at 140 lbs).
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2