GO!

Could he be a Malinois mix?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Karu

Misbehaved Mutt

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 7:27am PST 
. We adopted Karu 5 years ago when he was 1 1/2. What we know about him he appears to have been purposely bred given his neatly docked tail. He had the remainer of a black saddle when I got him that had disappeared by time he was 2. He's not only red but sable in color with shoulder blazes. His ears had become more erect with age. He's a shed monster, especially in spring and fall. He's 53lbs and 20ins at the shoulder.
He's been DNA tested twice. I know DNA tests are highly inaccurate but I expected to find something other than purebred Rottweiler which he is obvious not. We always suppected shepard but both tests have ruled out german shepard. Could he have Belgian Malinois in him? Who best to see those triats in him than people who know the breed.
This is a mystery that has haunted me for 5 years. It will probably never be solved but I would love to hear ideas.
[notify]
Keira

Barked: Tue Dec 3, '13 8:32am PST 
Awe, such a beautiful dog. There is no Malinois in him at all though. Even though he is not black and tan like a Rottie, I can see some Rottie in his head....possibly. It doesn't really matter what he is though as I can tell he is a much loved family member. dogbig grin
[notify]