GO!

Any Mal breeders in the Northwest?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Charlemagne

Connosieur of- fine socks.

Barked: Thu Jan 8, '09 6:15pm PST 
Well, I've always adored the Malinois breed, my first dog was 1/2 Mal and 1/2 BC, and she was absolutely brilliant and such an amazing dog. I've been researching the Malinois breed for about 2 years, and have decided that my next dog will probably be a Belgian Mal (or a rescue BC, the jury's out on that). I want to be prepared when I finally am in a situation that allows me to get a second dog, and while this might be a year or a couple years away, I want to start looking at breeders right away.

I live in Seattle, but any breeder in WA, OR, ID, or British Columbia, Canada, is a definite possibility. It's not that I'm not willing to go far for the right dog, it's just that I demand to meet the breeder and their dogs in person before buying a pup, and it would be awful if I spent a ton of money flying out somewhere only to find that the breeder wasn't of the quality I want.

So, do any of you Mal people out there have any breeder recommendations? I am looking for a working Mal ideally, as I want to do Schutzhund and Rally-O, but I do love the conformation ring, so if the dogs are titled in con as well that's a big plus. Health testing is also pretty important to me as well.

The breeder doesn't have to have a website, but it is a big plus if I can check them out without necessarily calling them or emailing them, as this pup is a ways off.

Thanks for any help!
[notify]
Holly

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 11:08am PST 
www.carouselmalinois.com

http://www.souvenirmalinois.com/home.sht ml
[notify]