GO!

Jumpy, The Dog

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 7:10am PST 
Anyone seen this dog and his training?

Jumpy, the dog.

Not sure how to post videos directly into here, so there's the link.

Been seeing this dog going around Facebook lately, and some of his tricks are just incredible, and he looks quite happy!

Thoughts?
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 7:42am PST 
I've seen this video before, it's making the rounds on Facebook and tubmlr.

I think it's amazing but the same complaint I hear from every detractor is "Oh, those jumps/vaults are so dangerous, what if he doesn't catch the dog?!" Especially the one where he jumps off the truck.

Personally, I believe this guy wouldn't intentionally put the dog in danger. Yes, accidents happen but accidents can also happen when you take your dog out for a walk. The dog is clearly having a good time!

The other videos posted by the trainer are equally awesome, especially the new "tuck and roll" trick.

For anyone who doesn't know, Jumpy's trainer is the same man who trained Uggie, from The Artist.

Edited by author Tue Jul 16, '13 7:45am PST

[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 7:56am PST 
Jumpy is my role model. Love that dog.
[notify]

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 2:51pm PST 
Jumpy is very cool! Do you think he's a BC or BC cattle dog mix? way to go

Sounds like he's got one fabulous trainer too in Omar Von Muller ...

Edited by author Tue Jul 16, '13 3:16pm PST

[notify]
Hunter, HI

I Heard You

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 5:46pm PST 
I saw this video on Facebook. Any idea what type of dog Jumpy is? Whatever he is, he’s a super cool dog!
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 6:19pm PST 
Awesome dog. My guess would be he's a BC/Cattle Dog mix, whatever he is, he is smart! Love the one's where he is jumping into his owner's arms & the running off the wall (ok, the 'pee on mommy' was funny)...blue dog
[notify]
Kiera, HIAdsc

Ducks Beware

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 6:45pm PST 
Whatever he is, he is awesome!
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 11:44pm PST 
I love Jumpy and would give my left foot to know the trainer's exact protocol he used for these phenomenal results. Wonder if he used R+ like with Uggie? Super dog.
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 4:36am PST 
more about jumpy

Ignore the video of idiot commentary, ugh (the one guy goes on and on about how smart these Australian Border Collies are) . .. but the article does say he's a BC Blue Heeler mix --doesn't say exactly how he's trained but gotta assume it's all positive reinforcement ... . I don't see how you could use any kind of aversives in that level of trick training.

With a dog that game--they said he loves skateboarding, I'll bet just doing some of the tricks is the reward.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 10:17am PST 
Well, in one of his youtube videos of him training Jumpy a tuck and roll, he goes from a handstand, and his owner gently guides him into the roll, and then gives a treat for it.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3