GO!

From "The Dog Snobs", this one made me laugh...it's Callie

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 5:22pm PST 
Dear Dog Snobs,

I have a two year Old English Bulldog. He has all of the normal bull-headed traits that go with bully breeds which makes training challenging an adventure. We have started walking him since out Rott died. Walking the two of them together was not an option because there are many loose dogs in the area. By themselves they were fine with other dogs but together they went into “protect mom from the approaching demon hound” mode. He’s pretty good about not pulling on the leash and is pretty content to walk beside me. The problem is that he feels the need to stare up at me adoringly instead of paying attention to where we are going. This leads to him walking into my legs, leaving me tripping over his bulk. Do you have any ideas of how to get him to keep his eyes on the road and off of me? I know how awesome and wonderful I am already and would like to be able to walk without running into my own personal doggy roadblock. Thanks for your suggestions,

–Harmony

Dear Harmony,

We think you should utilize his idolization of you and have an OTCh bulldog. If he’s going to stare adoringly, you might as well harness it for good instead of evil. Teaching the correct heel position takes some time, but we feel it would allow your canine stalker to admire you from up close without becoming a speedbump. Or maybe just get a snausage on the end of a stick and hang it in front of him. One of those, for sure.

Sincerely,

The Dog Snobs
puppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppypuppy

Edited by author Tue Jun 11, '13 5:27pm PST

[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 7:40pm PST 
In case you're interested in more zany fun
thedogsnobs
Be aware this is not your usual dog site & some folks could be offended.smile
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 8:10pm PST 
The contests are the best. I love putting all my horrible photos of JT to good use. laugh out loud
[notify]

Shayne CGC,- RL2

Shayne- Disc Doggin in- the 'Burgh!

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 8:15pm PST 
Also reminder The Dog Snobs is a bit of an 'adult' blog in terms of their language and topics... though i love them to death!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 9:25pm PST 
AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Its the faceless place.. so that ends it for me !

The post made me smile though !
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 9:48pm PST 
Flicka..They have a blog. Pmail me if you want the link straight to the blog..no faceless book that way. smile
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 10:48pm PST 
Pmail on its way !!
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 6:46am PST 
I have to agree with Shayne, if you work in the average office you need to be aware of content. Having the dog toy or sex toy screen come up as your coworker is grubbing copier paper...laugh out loudwell you know...
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 10:28am PST 
I love The Dog Snobs, these are my people!
[notify]