GO!

I need help finding a reputable trainer.

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Calamity- Jane

Barked: Mon Jun 10, '13 9:27am PST 
Between Link's issues and Jane and Pip's fights with each other, I need some professional help. I'm in way over my head, and with the rest of the family against me when it comes to how to train the dogs, I feel pretty much hopeless about making any progress.

I've been looking around, but haven't had much luck. I just need a little push in the right direction. I live just east of Dallas, Texas, so if any of y'all just happened to know of a good trainer in the area, that would be great. If not, that's fine too; I just need to know where to start looking. Thanks.
[notify]
Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Fri Jun 14, '13 9:41am PST 
Check on Yelp and look at the trainers with the highest reviews. Skim the reviews and see if there are any people who mention they had success with behavioral issues. Living near Dallas, there should be a pretty big selection I would think. smile
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Fri Jun 14, '13 9:56am PST 
Jane, I just sent you a PM.
[notify]