GO!

getting dog out of your bed

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 3:05pm PST 
Got my dog two years ago when I broke up with my last boyfriend. Tried making him sleep in his own bed but he always ended up in my bed. Got use to him being there. Now dating a man who im thinking about being with, but dont kboe how im going to get the dog to stay out of the bed when we're in there together. Any suggestions?
[notify]
Addy, CGC

Let's go for a- walk!

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 3:14pm PST 
Teach the "off" command, and crate train him. Seriously. He won't like it at first, but if you stand firm, AND make his crate a good place to be, he'll adjust.
[notify]