GO!

How to show your dog who's boss . . . . sigh . . ..

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 4:05am PST 
big laugh JT!
[notify]
Charlie- Brown Cocoa- Puffs

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 4:07am PST 
wow...this is so silly i think i have to read the article. i need a laugh this morning
[notify]
Charlie- Brown Cocoa- Puffs

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 4:35am PST 
tabasco sauce? really?!! wow talk about going back to old school training methods that don't work. i had to stop reading this article. it's like all the dumb training methods anyone has ever used or thought of (some i hadn't even heard of b4) all rolled into one article. the bad thing though. there are probably thousands of people out there attempting to train their dogs themselves that are using these methods now. just like with the tv shows they watch on training. even when there is good advice online, tv, etc it is all a product of ones interpretation of the information they are seeing. i hope this article gets banned, deleted or something to save alot of dogs and actual trainers the problems to come from these methods.
[notify]

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 8:26am PST 
Just sounds like whoever is spouting this stuff is making it up as they go along! thinking
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 2:57pm PST 
I suppose anybody can pretend to be an authority...whatta nutjob...if Callie had as much food as he wanted he would explode
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 10:12pm PST 
Umm...my dogs like tabasco saucelaugh out loud Bud would probably eat the floor.

And feed Sabs until she stops eating? I've been waiting for that unlikely event for 11 yearslaugh out loud
[notify]
Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 3:23am PST 
big laugh @ Onyx. By those standards, Gunther's going to attack me any day as well!
[notify]
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 10:03am PST 
Charlie Brown, hopefully this site isn't THAT easy to find--I came across by typing "show your dog who's boss . . ." out of curiosity after yet another article writer insinuated something about dominance by talking about a dog's place in the pack . . . ..

Boy if they saw the things Gus did . . .. she tries to lay across my laptop when she thinks I've been on here too long! laugh out loud I expect any day she's going to get wise to ordering herself stuff on line, take the car keys and go for a joy ride.

For now she seems satisfied to let me do all the work to keep her in the lifestyle she's grown accustomed to . . .big laugh

I'd love to see the dog handbook on training humans . ...
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 10:21am PST 
Wow so funny.

Saya loves grabbing the leash and to point she looks like she is walking herself. laugh out loud

She'll play tug with it and retrieve the leash.

I don't think it's dominant more like rude puppy behavior, or wanting to play tug. Ignoring her usually helps, but other dogs might need redirection or something.

I find leave it command works well for this behavior too coarse young pups might not know it enough to do it.

I purposely let Saya tug on leash sometimes it's fun and she doesn't mess the leash up.

ACA I think is a fake type registry for puppy mill type dogs or byb something like that.

Edited by author Mon Apr 29, '13 10:36am PST

[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 11:15am PST 
I will take the risk of a lawsuit if my bossy goldens lick someone to death but I will not spray water-downed tabasco sauce on my light colored carpets!! I think the lawsuit would be cheaper than replacing carpets after every puppy.

And yes, my previous husky loved any hot sauce too. She would think I was food using that method!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3