GO!

Update on Charlie

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 1:47pm PST 
Over the last several days, I have been seeing an improvement in his behavior.

I began adding Rescue Remedy back into his food(had to go out and buy more), and began trying to incorporate him into the packing and moving, as was suggested. I really haven't done much else. I talk to him, keep him in the same room as me, etc. He loves it, lays down and goes to sleep while I pack.

He's improved a great deal. I'm still not leaving him loose when I'm not home, but he's not chewing things up around the house(at least not recently - knock on wood), and he's not eating things he shouldn't when I leave the room he's in.

He IS barking a bit more, which is a little annoying, because in five years, it's been like he's had no voice, and now, if there's a noise, Ria will bark and of course, set him off in the process. Or if there's someone outside my screen door that he REALLY wants to go say hi to and he can't get to, he'll bark at them. Annoying, but I simply remove him, put him on a time out, and let him go say hi once he calms down and that seems to be working best right now.

Otherwise, he's improved and he's doing fairly well.

Thanks for letting me rant about his behavior before. I think I'm getting my good little boy back. smile
[notify]
Lenny

Lenny -The- Wrecking Ball

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 4:07pm PST 
I'm so glad to hear Charlie is getting back to his well behaved little self, rather fitting you'd give such a good update for him when he's DOTD! (Congrats Charlie!!!) cheer

I hope when I move Lenny doesn't cause so much trouble... he's trouble enough already laugh out loud
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 4:31pm PST 
Glad to see hes doing much better! Go Charlie!! cheercheer
[notify]

Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 4:33pm PST 
Good to hear he is doing better, congrats on DOTD btw!
cheer
[notify]
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 4:54pm PST 
Congrats on being dog of the day!! partypartycheer
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 11:00pm PST 
Glad he is doing better. Now if you would just relax, 5 more days big grin
Congrats by the wayparty
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 12:33am PST 
Thanks everyone! It was funny that a good update happened on DOTD. Unexpected, too, as I've been on this site for years and he's never been DOTD. laugh out loud

Sabi - I'm starting to relax! My best friend came by and helped me pack the other night, and helped me make dinner too, and my grandmother(who happens to be Charlie's ALL TIME FAVORITE person in the whole world) is coming by tomorrow to help pack some more and have dinner again, and I have all weekend to have W's help because he doesn't work this weekend. Woo! I WILL be ready to go on the first, thank goodness. Now if my son would stop being such a night owl, kicking the crap out of my tummy! Sleep deprivation doesn't help, haha.
[notify]