GO!

16 month old doxie mix wont stop humpping my arm everynight

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Vienna

Little V

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 11:52pm PST 
Hi guys i have a 16 month old doxie mix and she wont stop humpping my arm everynight before bed . She goes to town when shes doing this and its only me no one or nothing else. She started doing it 2 days after she got spayed at 6 months old she went into heat at 4 months please help
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 7:46am PST 
My guess is that initially she was irritated down there after the spay, and the humping was like scratching an itch. Now, it might just be a habit. Although I would have her checked for a UTI just in case.
Lupi occasionally humps my leg when she's bored and trying to get me to play. Like all her other unwanted behaviors, this only happens when she's missed out on walks for a few days. I don't know about Vienna, but Lupi HATES the cold as well as rain or snow falling on her. So in cold weather I take her to classes to give her something to do.
[notify]
Vienna

Little V

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 10:17am PST 
She only does this to me and not my husband she will do it Till shes out of breath and then do it over and over till she eventually goes to sleep. She wont allow Any dogs to do it to her and she doesnt do it to them just my arm. For. While she would stop if i told her wrong and leave it when She would start To do it but now shes doing it again.
[notify]