GO!

Teaching Quiet

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Sat Apr 13, '13 5:14pm PST 
Kashmir has always been a barker especially when someone walks by the windows. I am trying to teach her quiet and its going pretty well but I have one question. My bf lives with his brother who she will bark at. She also will alert bark/growl when we're in the bedroom. Can the quiet command help stop the alert barking also? And how can I stop her from growling at his brother?
[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 5:01pm PST 
Can his brother greet her at all? I mean, can he come up to her without being bitten? If so, have him feed her treats. Something she would die for and only use those treats for that specific thing. If she will bite. Have him throw her treats from a safe spot. The quickest way to a dogs heart is through their stomach. As for the barking, I'm working with a trainer right now with that with Koby. He's a barker and very fear aggressive. I really don't have any suggestions on that. Maybe someone else will.
[notify]