GO!

Can they remember?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Kashmir- ♥ CGC

Boxer Beach Bum

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 9:39am PST 
Aww now I cant wait to bring her along for our visit!! happy dancehappy dance
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 11:46am PST 
It does depend on the dog... For us, a couple of years ago, we passed a gentleman while walking who found Charks... worrisome. He tried to stare her down, which sent her into defensive mode. We gave him wide berth and I gave him a lecture. Sooo, a year and a half later we passed again in a different place and season. _I_ did not recognize him. Charka did shock She turned 180 and gave his hand a sniff/nudge. I reeled her in as he turned and whined, 'I didn't DO anything'. At that point I recognized him... I have not a clue what Charka's intent was... it wasn't overt hostile... exactly... but am happy I shortened the leash when I did. [IMHO] Based on an absolutely unusual response, SHE certainly remembered.

Or I could add where she has remembered people or dogs in more pleasant context a year or two later.
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 7:55am PST 
It's actually incredible how well they remember.

Some friends of ours from out-of-province popped in last week. They had lived with us for a couple months when Lupi was still a puppy, almost 5 years ago. Since then, she's only seen them a few times, the last time being 2 years ago. She totally remembered them, which is easy to tell in her case since she's very timid with strangers. She was sooo excited to see them!
[notify]

Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 3:10pm PST 
Bunny goes months without seeing his shi tzu friend but starts pulling eagerly whenever their paths crosssmile

Also , since he was rehomed from family members, he gets to see them time to time. He is always thrilled to see any of thembig grin
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 4:55pm PST 
Jake sees his old dog park friends once every 6-8 months and every time we start to turn down that familar street jake barks and carries on. he know sthe park and he knows the other dogs. it's quiet amazing big grin.

I bet Kashmir can't wait big grin
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2