GO!

New tricks ideas?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Mozart

I am Fearless

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 8:17pm PST 
I am wanting to teach Mozart some new tricks, he seems bored lately. Any have any good trick ideas he knows some tricks. I will list what he already knows.

Paw,high five,wave,other paw, cover your eye,limp, sit pretty, beg,speak,crawl, bang play dead, roll over, spin, spin the other way, cross paws, say prayers, bow head,hide, put your toys away, figure 8, weave, walking forwards and back words on hind legs, roll yourself in a blanket and go to sleep, scratch my back, backwards circle, take a bow, your feet on mine, bring me a tissue, head down. I think that is it we are currently working on backwards weave. Any fun tricks you can think of? I have seen dogs taught to skip might try this will have to get him to limp on the other paw.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 5:44pm PST 
I do'nt know how adapt your dog is at this but teaching the dog to identify and find things is always fun.

Jake can find my car keys, my cell phone, my purse, my backpack, me, certain other people, and of course kibble piles.

He will also bring back the cell phone or purse.

* hope those are helpful to you.
[notify]
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 6:46pm PST 
We tried teaching Clyde to get us a toy by name, such as "Get Squeaky" or "Get Bear", but...it was too much for his small intellect. laugh out loud (We changed it to "get a toy", which is much easier for him)

I've taught Clyde to play catch with me by jumping up in the air to get a thrown toy. I have taught him to knock an object out of my hand on command. I have also tried, but never finished teaching him to jump over a pole when presented to him.
[notify]