GO!

Fixed male dog peeing in house.

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Chandler

Code name:- Farmcollie

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 4:06pm PST 
Yes, this is a housebreaking issue. You need to start back at square one like he was a puppy, clean all the spots he's peed on, and never leave him unsupervised in the house. The last means he has to be confined in an area small enough that he won't want to mess in it, or tethered to a human who is watching him.

One thing that has not been mentioned; consider checking for a medical problem making him need to urinate more often. Bladder infections aren't as common in males, but they do happen.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 4:44pm PST 
I want to agree with Chandler and suggest you get a urine sample checked for bacteria.
Toto suffers from very frequent bladder infections and the ONLY SYMPTOM he has when they occur is that he PEES in my house, usually on my bed, but always somewhere in the house!!!! When not suffering an infection, he DOES NOT urinate in the house ever!
He has had over 10 UTI's in the last two years and EACH TIME, the ONLY thing I saw was that he peed somewhere in the house. Finally, I learned, and would get a urine sample checked and get him on antibiotics.
He would only pee inside ONE TIME, and it stopped within 24 hours of starting the antibiotic.
[notify]
Koda

Born to run -- loves to sleep

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 5:36pm PST 
Wow, thank you! I didn't even consider the fact that he could have an infection. I just learned that I am a little late in stepping up and trying to fix the problem... My mom has already put an ad in the paper. I'll do what I can but there's not much I can do when no one else, family not the people here, is willing to help me.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2