GO!

Destructive dog

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 2:13pm PST 
I don't usually suggest the crate, but really with some dogs it's the way to go. Make sure it's big and roomy enough, with a nice soft blanky and toys. Some dogs feel comforted with a TV or radio on in the background too. Our dogs are good alone in the house as long as things like remote controls and fragile things are up out of the way. We had a border collie once though who chewed through electric wires, carpets, shoes, toys, books like a cyclone, if I knew better then I would have gotten a crate.
[notify]
'Barcoola'- Rogue

Door? What door?

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 8:12pm PST 
Ahh we don't have a toilet in our bathroom, it's separate haha maybe not then, a crate sounds like it would work best. At least it can help teach them to be calm as well - the energy will still be there but they'll be just as happy to sleep as run after a ball.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2