GO!

Food Aggressive

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Dexter

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 4:09pm PST 
I have a 6 month old Australian Sheperd. He growls at me if I touch him while he is eating a meal from him bowl or if I give him a bully stick he will growl if I touch him when eating it. He has even snapped at me for trying to take away his bully stick. He is not like this with any other treats tho. Does he do this because he does not trust me and thinks I will take his food? How do I fix this? I don't want him to be aggressive!
( side note, I always make him sit and wait while I fill his bowl and tell him 'okay' befor he goes over to eat it )
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 5:28am PST 
There's a good book on resource guarding called "Mine!" that you might want to check out. The author is Jean Donaldson.
[notify]