GO!

My Pomeranian keeps peeing where hes peed before!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Dash

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 11:59am PST 
My 5 year old pom is well trained and goes outside to pee. He must have been desperate one time when everyone was in work as I am living with my mother and has done it on the carpet. This has stained the carpet and now he keeps going back to the same spot to pee on it even when he doesnt need to pee. I have then covered it with an old piece of carpet so he peed on the corner of the sofa above the spot.

I have put vinegar on the area on the floor as I read it on google. But this stained it more. I am buying a new carpet when i leave.

What can in do in the mean time so it doesn't look worse. He is well trained and is good as we have been for a year with no issues.

Thanks
Claire
[notify]
Mac

70 lbs is not to- big to be a lap- dog

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 12:10pm PST 
I used a cleaner with Oxi in it and it worked great. I treated the areas and let it sit on the spot for 5 min.
[notify]
Dash

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 12:13pm PST 
Great thanks I cant fix the area now but dont wanting him making this a habit!
[notify]

Rusty

Champion PPH

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 5:00pm PST 
Try soaking the areas with Nature's Miracle. It does wonders with deodorizing and cleaning up old, dirty spots.
[notify]