GO!

They Know!?!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 7:44pm PST 
Our comings and goings are pretty predictable, but I agree, she knows. She's never, ever barked when we came home. Ever. I almost wonder if she would bark if a friend she didn't know came in through the garage or something. But mostly I come home to wigglybutt and sloppy gsd kisses...
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 8:38pm PST 
We know about 5 minute before the car gets hereshrug Sharp hearing or a maybe a 6th sense?
[notify]
Hershey

Bark it Loud &- Proud!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 9:51pm PST 
We don't have a set routine on when we go for walkies.
I just have to THINK about going for a walk and the whole pack goes bananas.
[notify]

Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 10:38pm PST 
My Mom had said that she knows I am home, not by the sound of my Jeep pulling in the driveway, but by when Conker begins to go bonkers. He has his "HEY. There is someone AT THE DOOR." bark, as do the Girls, but he doesn't chirp at strangers, just me.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 3:25pm PST 
I have had other people staying in my house over the years that have commented that Sabi will get up and go to the door roughly 15 mins before I arrive. No matter what I drive, how long I'm gone or when I come home. 15 minutes is way too far for her to hear or smell me, she just knows. It's a dog thing.

She also remembers people she met a handful of times years ago, they never forget.
[notify]
Lobo

"Stubborn" dogs- don't need- corrections

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:00am PST 
I agree with Sabi. I fully believe that our dogs are connected to us in more ways than just a furry companion. I think that we have a very strong connection to the animal world in general. (:

Lobo *knows* when I'm about to leave(even when he's outside, and I'm inside), and he's always there at the door when I come home, standing there with a big Lobo smile just for me. X3
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 9:54am PST 
There was a study....I saw a film piece on it....studying dog telepathy with their owners, where they synched owners leaving to head home. From that moment, their dogs showed awareness. The owners started headed home at uncharacteristic times, so nothing was habitual. It was amazing in that they showed the films synched, and as soon as the owners started to leave and head towards home, that's when you started to see the shift in their dogs, which escalated as the owners got closer. Let me see if I can dig something up on that! Pretty amazing stuff! Couldn't have had anything to do with sound or smell, as the owners were many miles from home.

Edited by author Sun Jan 20, '13 10:09am PST

[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 10:07am PST 
HERE is a little snippet that shows a bit of the synched video tracking. Pretty amazing. It is just an area where humans have grown hopelessly stupid most of the time wink Animals not so much.

Edited by author Sun Jan 20, '13 10:10am PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 3:50pm PST 
I really like his theory on morphic fields and the hive 'mind' or single/shared consciousness theory on birds and fish. That was fascinating, I'll have to find the whole thing.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 4:00pm PST 
one of our kitchen windows faces the end of the driveway. when I come home from work, at my normal time, Dylan is sitting in the window, chin resting on the sill. if I am just running erronds, or get off early, when I turn off the hiway, almost 3 miles from home, I say out loud in my car"I`m coming Dilly!" and he is sitting in the window. if I happen to be singing to the radio red face and dont say that, I can get all the way in the driveway, park, shut the door, go thru the gate, and have made it unlocking the door and into the house before any one of the 3 know I am there.they are sound asleep. good watch dogs. confused
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3